Our mission at Inspirien is to ‘be a remarkable partner for whatever risk lies ahead’ – but we never imagined a time like this. We’re all working remote, and although things have changed, we’re still just a phone call away from our hospitals. Yes, our lives for now have changed, but we, like many people across the world, are adjusting to our new norm and finding ways to make a difference. That’s what we want to do for you – we’ve struggled with sending information out – we don’t want to send things out too often because we know you don’t have time to read them, but we do want to make sure you know we’re still here for you and we do want to provide you with quality, effective and timely information.
We’ve compiled a list of reputable resources and have tried to make this list as user friendly as possible. Many of these you’re already aware of, but if there’s one question or topic covered here that you don’t already have quick access to, then we’ll be doing our part with giving you the tools you need to provide the effective, quality, safe patient care that we know you provide every day. We hope you find this useful and that if this doesn’t cover your specific question that you’ll let us know so we can be that partner who seeks to help you find the answers you need.
- Alabama Statistics – data and surveillance dashboard
- Ventilator Triage
- Resources for Healthcare workers, patients, and FAQ page
- Handouts and posters for download
- Nursing roles in disaster or emergency circumstances – ABN Administrative Code §610-X-4.16
- Licensure issues §610-X-4.19ER
- Daily ‘News Recaps from AlaHA’ – if you’re not subscribed to this, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request this daily update of current information.
- COVID-19 resources including information topics - reimbursement, state and federal guidance, operational resources, Daily Snapshot (Q&A’s), as well as links to state and federal guidance resources; you do not have to be an AlaHA member to access these resources.
- A Physician's Guide to Keeping your Practice Open During COVID-19 https://4c27ta1wi0ea2ypdxh4fepue-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/physican-guide-keep-practices-open-covid-19.pdf
- ASHRM Exchange has daily updates – choose COVID-19 on scrolling topics on front page
- Provides links to Coronavirus (COVID-19) resources
- Find federal benefits you may be eligible for in the U.S.
- CDC Interim Guidelines
- Strategies for Optimizing the Supply of N95 Respirators https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/respirators-strategy/index.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fhcp%2Frespirator-supply-strategies.html
- “Recommended Guidance for Extended Use and Limited Reuse” https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/hcwcontrols/recommendedguidanceextuse.html
- Risk Assessment for Optimizing PPE – PPE Burn Rate Calculator Toolkit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/ppe-strategy/burn-calculator.html
- Provides updates on Coronavirus cases in the U.S.
- Provides specific resources for:
- Pregnant Women and Children
- People who are sick
- Small business owners
- Healthcare Professionals
- Health Departments
- New CDC Checklist for Nursing Homes and other Long-Term Care Settings https://assets.ecri.org/PDF/COVID-19-Resource-Center/COVID-19-Aging-Care/COVID-Nursing-Homes-Preparedness-Checklist.pdf
- Critical Care and Emergency Care Treatment Room Equipment List https://assets.ecri.org/PDF/COVID-19-Resource-Center/COVID-19-Supply-Chain/COVID-ED-ICU-Treatment-Room-Equipment-list.xlsx
- High Priority ECRI Alert (03/31/2020) Expanded Work from Home Policies May Pose Increased Security Risks https://assets.ecri.org/PDF/COVID-19-Resource-Center/COVID-19-Clinical-Care/COVID-Alert-WFH-Security-Risks.pdf
- This site also includes:
- Equipment and alternative supplier lists
- Patient care equipment evaluations, including portable ventilators
- Recommendations for infection control
- Links to external organizations such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization
- Preparation and patient handling checklists
- Strategies to mitigate ventilator shortages
- Resources include links to sites for the following areas
- Links specific to COVID-19
- Physicians and nurses
- Hospital and healthcare administrators and leaders
- Regulation and Reimbursement
- Home page has COVID-19 link
- Research information
- Information specific to employees
- PPE information
- Stockpile ventilator information
- Workplace information
- Employee information
- Critical Care information from the Society of Critical Care Medicine including:
- ICU Preparedness Checklist
- Consensus statements on Multiple Patients Per Ventilator
- Mechanical Ventilation Strategies
- Advice for public and healthcare workers
- Country and Technical Guidance
- Situation Update
- Research and Development
- Scam Alert – cyber security
Our experience is that in times of disaster, that’s when our healthcare teams are at their best! The more you’re needed, the deeper you dig into the ‘why’ you became a nurse, or lab technologist, or registration clerk, and all the other roles that support our healthcare teams – thanks isn’t enough but we do want to say it out loud. Thanks for all you do and for all you’re doing – you are our heroes!
If you have any questions or concerns during this time, email email@example.com or reach out to your assigned Risk Management Consultant.
Click to Download the Resource List.
*Article and resources contributed by the Inspirien Risk Management Consultants