Have you identified a risk in your facility that places staff in jeopardy of injury? Would it be helpful to have funding to mitigate that risk?
If the answer is YES, then consider applying for the Healthcare Workers’ Compensation Fund (HWCF) annual Grant Program. HWCF is launching its fourth year and has awarded over $121K in total grant dollars for several safety initiatives. This program is designed to help decrease the number and severity of workers’ compensation claims while also improving employee and patient safety. This year we are awarding $50k in grant dollars, up to $10k for five facilities. Any HWCF member may apply. Applications are due by April 30, 2021 and winners will be announced in a live event on May 25, 2021. The Inspired Ideas generated will be shared with all facilities to encourage and support HWCF members in the development of innovative safety-sensitive solutions.
If you are having trouble coming up with an idea, here are a few recommendations:
- Review your OSHA log for staff injuries
- Review your incident reporting system for incidents, near misses, or unsafe conditions reported
- Talk with your Risk Manager, Quality Director, Safety Engineer, Human Resources Director, or front-line staff
Some winners in the past submitted for the following:
- Registration Department Safety and Security Updates
- Emergency Communication System
- Red Alert Wax
- Mobile Patient Safety Lift System
- Replacement of Meal Delivery Carts
- Security System for Building Entry
Lisa Rawlings, HWCF Risk Management and Loss Control Consultant, is hosting a series of special webinars February 22nd and 26th to prepare you and your team for participation in the program. Visit HWCF.net to register for one of our informational webinars or download the application.
If you have any questions about program, reach out to Lisa Rawlings at email@example.com or 334-323-9138.